Click here to see our other courses!
Sign up to be notified of future courses by Swami Beyondananda »
Could experiencing greater health, wealth and wellbeing involve something as simple as bringing more joy and laughter into your life?
You laugh, and we say, “Terrific! You have a head start!”
Yes, we know. It might be a bit of a stretch to take humor seriously. But as writer Norman Cousins discovered when faced with a life-threatening illness, laughter can heal the body, mind and spirit. Laughter is medicine, all right ... in the Native American sense of medicine, a transformational tool to turn the dross of life into the gold of loving laughter.
On the physical and emotional level, laughter instantly releases and eradicates stress. Mentally, laughter cultivates flexibility and creativity. And when we use laughter to take ourselves less seriously, we instantly gain more spiritual and emotional freedom. As Swami Beyondananda says, “Life is a joke – but God is laughing with us, not at us.”
When we cultivate “self-facing” laughter, we view situations from a higher perspective. We laugh with God at our human foolishness, we attain “fool realization,” and we recognize that we are way, way bigger than our problems and situations.
Now you may be thinking, “OK, you’ve got a point. But I’m simply not funny!”
We say, “HA!”
Seen from the outside, we’re all much funnier than we think. God thinks we’re funny. The Creator is watching the Comedy Channel, and WE are what’s on! The trick isn’t BEING funny ... it’s SEEING funny, and by immersing yourself in “cosmic comic consciousness,” just about anyone can learn to see the jokes “hidden in the picture.”
Why a Sense of Humor is So Desirable
Did you know that one of the most sought-after traits in a spouse or partner is “a sense of humor?” Why? Because a sense of humor is a sense of perspective, and people who have that amazing knack can change another individual’s mood for the better. Levity certainly helps overcome gravity, and allows us to see from the higher perspective of love.
Laughter shakes us loose, releasing us from no-longer-helpful B.S. (Belief Systems). When you apply the perspective of laughter to your own story, you are liberated from the grip of that story – and your energy becomes available for more constructive things.
Think about it ... what if you were able to bring more genuine joy – and enjoyment – to all of your life’s situations? What if you could laugh at your problems, and then use the “aha” in the wake of the “ha-ha” to see new solutions? What if you were able to turn your grumpiness into a grumpy “alter ego” who helps you to laugh at your grumpiness? What if you were able to effortlessly light up a room, and get much better smileage on your karma? What if you actually became the person your dog thinks you are?
Seriously ... and humorously, what if you became more of who you REALLY are, and discover how much you really, really like the real you?
And all that takes is some practice with the guidance and expertise of a master mischief-maker like Swami Beyondananda and his slightly-more-serious alter ego, Steve Bhaerman.
Swami is known as the Cosmic Comic for a reason – he’s a master of humor that enlightens, that not only leaves people laughing, but leaves them smiling. Swami and Steve are teaming up on this 8-week course to bring more laughter – more joy, more wisdom, more love, more fulfillment – into your life.
Be truthful. Are you suffering from just a little too much seriousness? Has lack of laughter left you suffering from “irregularhilarity,” or heaven forbid, “humorrhoids?” Do you magnetize other people toward you, or does your seriousness keep them away? Swami says the world is in serious condition because of our conditioning to be serious.
How You Can Benefit From Developing Your 6th Sense
When you develop the 6th sense of humor, you gain the power of freedom and personal magnetism. When you learn to see the humor in more situations, expand your emotional range, and practice letting more of your inner sub-personalities out to play, you become a more engaging, powerful, fun person to be around. Just this magnetism alone attracts more clients, love, friendship, business, etc.
Laughter is good medicine for all of us but it also helps in a lot of very specific situations:
Laughter Heals the Body and Mind
When you laugh, your whole body chemistry changes. It’s like a cleansing effect – you feel better and lighter. But laughter goes beyond the feeling of wellness and joy. Scientific studies have shown that laughter has tangible health benefits. Laughter can:
- Boost your immunity and lower stress hormones, which slows the aging process
- Give you better health, faster recovery from disease, and higher rates of feel-good hormones
- Release endorphins, which helps to decrease pain in your body as well as reduce cravings associated with addiction
- Flush blood clots, cholesterol and inflammation from your body by expanding your blood vessels and increasing blood flow
Laughter is the fastest stress reliever on the planet. What’s even better – it’s FREE. Laughter, in fact, has been found to have similar benefits to exercise. So next time you feel like you can’t get off the couch to go to the gym, have a good belly laugh instead. As Swami reminds us, laughter causes deeper breathing, and breathing is the key to long life!
Use The Power Of Laughter to Call in “The One”
Laughter is the natural magnetism that will increase your animal magnetism. Not only will cats and dogs love you, you will instantly become a people magnet and start attracting the love you deserve in life. With laughter, you will:
- Add more levity, lightness, and play to your all relationships
- Create more satisfying and long-lasting romantic relationships (unless you’re a fan of first dates only)
- Become the world’s best self-lover – all parts of yourself, not just THAT part
If you’ve been seeking that one Soul Mate with whom you can live out the rest of your life, the gift of humor will make a memorable first impression on that all-important first date. More laughter and levity is guaranteed to instantly get you to Date #2 – or even just the first half of Date #1.
And even if those blind dates turn into blind alleys, having more fun and being more fun, will get you invited more places, and increase not just your chances of meeting “the one,” but in BEING the one who will attract the one you want to meet.
Gain An Immediate Edge in the World of Business
Even if you are focused more on work and business these days, laughter can give you a better return on investment than almost any other investment you can make. How?
Well, for one thing laughter is like loaves and fishes. One person can enter the room with a hilarious story, and 300 people can leave with it! And they can continue to “play it forward” till the sacred cows come home.
Have you ever noticed that many of the best business presentations start with humor? Well-applied humor is a “people tenderizer” that facilitates communication and all kinds of transactions – giving you an immediate edge in the world of business.
If you’re a coach who needs to speak in front of groups and convince people to work with you, using humor in just the right way is an essential tool for your toolkit. As some wise guy once said, “He who is stiff in front of the room, usually gets stiffed in the back of the room.”
Market studies show that funny people are more successful in business:
- Laughter floods our systems with dopamine, which turns on all the learning centers in the brain, boosting creativity, productivity, and engagement
- In an analysis of 225 academic studies, happy employees were found to be 31% more productive and enjoyed 37% higher sales, while doctors who used humor were found to arrive at correct diagnosis 19% faster and more accurately
- Humor enhances spontaneity and creative thinking – helping you think outside the box, and attract the Big Bucks if you get paid to be innovative
If your occupation has anything to do with speaking to or connecting to others, humor helps you make a far better impression. (And if you’re a dentist or a dental assistant a good sense of humor can help while your patient is having an impression made!)
All of which goes to show ... bringing more fun into your life is serious business. When you turn on your Laugh Force, you ramp up your Life Farce and elevate the Work Force.
What You’ll Discover in these 8 Weeks
For decades, Steve Bhaerman – who has gained a worldwide audience as the “cosmic comic pundit” Swami Beyondananda – has been entertaining (or “innertaining”) thousands with wit and wisdom. On the more serious side, he is co-author (with cellular biologist Bruce Lipton) of Spontaneous Evolution: Our Positive Future and a Way to Get There From Here. He also blogs about politics and current events from a spiritual perspective, prompting Marianne Williamson to call him the “Mark Twain of our generation.”
We are delighted to offer this rare offering in conscious comedy to our global Shift community. The class will consist of eight 90-minute evening sessions, starting Monday, April 15th – Monday, June 10th, from 5:00 to 6:30 pm PDT, 8:00 to 9:30 pm EDT.
You will learn about comedy – with a transformational twist – from the inside out, and find out how even a non-comedian can practice "situational comedy" in almost any situation. And ... in each session, there will be plenty of time for questions – both email and live – so that this course will be geared to your needs and questions.
And, jest for fun, the Swami will be on hand to offer his cosmic comic commentary as part of each session.
As the Swami says, “You will wake up laughing and leave laughter in your wake.”
Session 1 (April 15)
Laughing – A Life or Death Matter
“Sure healing laughter works in practice, but does it work in theory?”
– Swami Beyondananda
In this session, we will explore the science behind laughter and health, why it matters to you. Here we will work on creating your daily Laughsitive practices to help you instantly transmute toxic thoughts, feelings and experiences so you don’t take them “poisonally.”
You’ll learn some simple cosmic comic practices to help you:
- Circulate the healing energy of laughter (the Laugh Force) to specific parts of your body that need healing
- Use laughter to achieve a complete release of all tension, so you can relax, restore, and rejuvenate your body
- Allow humor to feed your internal fountain of eternal youth, and shave years off your true age, instantly ... hearty laughter keeps you young at heart ... and stretches your liver too, and remember those with longer livers, live longer!
Session 2 (April 22)
The Cosmic Joke, the Fool’s Journey and the Meaning of Laugh
This week we will explore the metaphysical elements of comedy, and use it to gain a “God’s eye view” of our lives – from the perspective of laughter and love. We’ll get to see our life path as a journey to “fool-realization,” and use the elements of humor (earth, water, fire and air) to create alchemical (not to mention “all-comical”) balance. In this session we will have fun with:
- How to laugh when the joke is on you, and become a “cosmic fool”
- Finding YOUR most powerful element, and identifying your humor type
- Using the four elements of humor to heal (i.e., restore wholeness)
Session 3 (April 29)
The Art of Self-Facing Laughter
This week we learn how to use humor to liberate yourself from patterns, especially seriousness. Here we will learn to create the "self-facing" humor that dances with your personal shadow while staying "in love." Some of what we will cover includes:
- Understanding the “anatomy” of jokes so they can be truly used as "healing stories."
- The "aha" after the "ha-ha" – how to seed insight in a "harmless" joke
- The “Zen Cohen” ... finding and using cosmic comic teaching stories
- Using humor to bust patterns ... and leaving the real you standing taller
Session 4 (May 6)
Levitate Your Relationships
This session focuses on how to use humor to improve communication, initiate and sustain happy, healthy relationships. Here we will learn to:
- Continuously infuse your relationships with the joy and levity of laughter
- Instantly transmute negative, stressful situations and dramas into humorous, optimistic ones.
- When NOT to use humor
- Shift toxic relationship patterns without the other person even realizing!
Session 5 (May 13)
Developing Your Sixth Sense of Humor
Laughter floods the body with dopamine, activating all the learning centers in the brain, boosting creativity, productivity, and engagement. In this session we’ll focus on how we can use humor as a gateway to intuition, creativity and wisdom, through exercises designed to:
- Help us see funnier, to see our way “out of the box”
- Shift the way we view certain challenges, so we can go beyond the typical “fight or flight” response to greater creativity and mastery
- Cultivate your own “natural” sense of humor effortlessly
Session 6 (May 20)
Humorize Your Message
Humor, when appropriately used, increases charisma, trust, team spirit, and overall success the business world. In this session, we’ll learn how to appropriately integrate appropriate humor into public presentations, and all aspects of your "message."
- Learn to distinguish between positive and negative humor, and how you can use jokes to build bridges, rather than blowing them up.
- Leverage humor appropriately in public speaking, so that you are authentically heard.
- How and when to take the conversation from serious to humorous in a professional environment ... and how to get back to serious when that is needed
Session 7 (June 3)
Bringing Forth the Comic Within
You don’t have to be a professional comedian to use the magical tools of the comic to bring love, laughter, wisdom and perspective into your life. This week we’ll unleash the comic within, helping discover:
- How to connect with playful sub-personalities and alter egos within your own psyche that bring self-love, self-appreciation and self-knowledge.
- The first rule of improvisational comedy – serve the scene.
- Why the first – and best – joke is always on yourself.
Session 8 (June 10)
Your Laugh Story
Swami says, "Laugh at yourself – and the whole world will laugh at you, too." In our final session, we’ll learn to change the way we tell our life story so that free ourselves from the chains of our old, oppressive story line and create more freedom in our lives to be anything we want to be. Here we’ll work on:
- Finding the natural humor in your life story, and using it to transform your story into a healing one.
- Tracing your own "fool’s journey”.
- Unleash the transformational power of: "... and then, a funny thing happened..."
By the time we reach the final session, we’ll be be putting together all our learnings from our previous sessions so that you use humor in an authentic, relaxed and inviting way.
The Alchemy of Laughter Bonus Collection
In addition to these transformative eight course sessions, you